Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

July 9, 2012

Gone Gothic at CYP

Hidy Ho,

It's time for another challenge over at Craft Your Passion (CYP for short). This week our sponsor is The Paper Shelter and we were tasked with creating a "Gothic" project. When I saw the image I had to work with, I thought..."She's too cute to be Goth". So, I thought briefly about adding some scars/stitching to her face and shoulders...but the patchwork "Sally-look" from Nightmare Before Christmas just wasn't for her. Instead, I decided she needed to be grey. In fact, I decided the whole card needed to be grey. So, I colored her grey--like 8 shades of grey--dove grey, pewter, French grey, greyed beige, granite grey, gunmetal grey, smoke, and mist. (Note: these are NOT the actual names of the pencils I used...I made up their names. Sue me.) It's not easy working in shades of grey. Grey is such a chameleon color. It can be warm, cool or neutral. I mixed all 3 "temperatures" of grey on my card and added a few touches of glittery goodness.

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenge (s):

Ingredients:
Gothic and Modern stamp - The Paper Shelter
Patterned paper - Heidi Grace, Sassafras Lass
Nestability die - Spellbinders (Crowned Oval)
glitter pen - Sakura
Ribbon - Michaels
Prismacolor Colored Pencils
acrylic drops - Michaels
Memento stamping ink - Tsukineko
cardstock




5 comments:

  1. Oh, goody! I get to be first! Grey has never looked so good, Torrey! It's so hard to believe that's all Prismacolor. The color is so smooth. Do you use Gamsol or anything to blend your color? This card is awesome and I agree that this little girl is too cute to be Goth. She looks so sweet and innocent.

    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Annie! Yes, I use OMS (Odorless Mineral Spirits) to blend. I've tried to blend without it...but I haven't quite gotten the hang of it yet. So for now, I buy my OMS in the handy gallon size jug.

    I'm not kidding.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love your style xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on the Goth theme! Your coloring is awesome and love how you've done the sentiment in a raindrop.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card. Beautiful coloring and fabulous design. You did a fantastic job on this card. Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.