Hi, I'm Torrey. Welcome to Left Field, where creativity runs amok and imagination is ALWAYS more important than knowledge. Shoes are not allowed but ties are optional. This is a repository of snippets from my life out here in Left Field. One never knows what shiny bits of creativity will be found here... cards, scrapbook layouts, photography, poetry, recipes, ponderings, rantings and musings. It could be anything! Life in Left Field is always changing, always real, always ...interesting.

August 3, 2015

What's Yellow, Blue, and White All Over?

Hidy ho, crafty peeps!

So, what is yellow, blue, and white all over?

I sat and tried to come up with some witty answer...but it's over 100 degrees outside and I've been running around trimming hedges and doing errands in the heat...so my brain is fried (literally).

No quippy answer for you!

The straight answer is:

The new Monday challenge over at 
House Mouse and Friends!

As some of you know, my mom and I are hosting (or is that hostessing?) a ladies' tea party here in a few days. It's gonna be an AwEsOmE event! We're making wonderful yummy things to eat and drink, and have oh-so-cute decorations and favors. I'll post all about it IN PAINSTAKING DETAIL (with plenty of pictures and maybe even a video of me singing...yes, I do that on occasion) in about a week or so.

High Tea, Texas Style.

So, I made these really FaBuLoUsLy gaudy invitations (which I'll post on the upcoming tea party post), but one of our tea party guests is only 3 years old and I decided she was deserving of her own special invitation--just for her. I did it in the yellow, blue, and white scheme so that I could use it for this challenge...because by the time this post goes live, I'll be up to my eyeballs making brownie brittle, cream cheese mints, scones, and other yummy delicacies.

I used the Gruffies stamp "All Warm and Furry". It's an oldie but a goodie! I colored it up with my Polychromos pencils, and added some simple finishing touches with a die cut frame from Spellbinders, and honey-colored organza ribbon. Beary cute, don't you think?

Now, it's your turn to come and play with us at House Mouse and Friends for your chance at winning some super-dee-duper prizes! Details are at their blog which you can link to HERE

Make sure your project features one of the House Mouse critters. Your project can follow the "Yellow, Blue, and White" theme or you can always march to your own drum and do an "Anything Goes"! You have 2 weeks to enter, so get ready, get set, CRAFT!
 

Thanks, as always, for coming to visit me out in Left Field!!


21 comments:

  1. Hi Torrey! Loving your Gruffies design here. Fab use of the 3 colors for our 200th Challenge. So Happy to have you along as our Guest at HMFMC! YOU ROCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual Torrey...a FABULOUS read!!! Hope that your tea goes off PERFECTLY!! Now for your GORGEOUS card...the little three year old will simply ADORE this card!! Your colouring is absolutely amazing!! Have a great day Torrey!
    Take care,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who could resist this adorable Gruffie and a tea party! Wonderful card, Torrey, beautful coloring and great colors.

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card and love the sentiment sad to say I unfortunately don't share my craft room with any gruffles stamps but love how you have coloured this furry friend, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet image and wonderful card
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous beautifully coloured cute Gruffie Torrey.........a lovely design with fabulous papers and great details, especially the cute sentiment bubble!!

    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Torrey :-) how lovely to make an extra special card for your young guest, I am sure she will love this :-) Gruffie is adorable and so beautifully coloured! <3

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm, I'm not sure where my comment went, but I would gladly accept this invitation to your tea party. I love how you colored this image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love tea parties. Your card is super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card, quite simple but absolutely beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your colouring of this cuddly Gruffie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Lovely details too.
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Torrey your card is adorable! Lovely colouring and I like the quote/sentiment :)
    Love Pearl x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Torrey how amazing is this sweet Gruffie having afternoon T..lol the image says it all..many thanks for another super GDT creation.

    smiles Christine mousey DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. super cute card it's lovely to see that cute image and love your cute coloring style too,
    Congrats for the 200 challenges and may there be many more!
    hugs me xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card and super Gruffies image xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card and beautifully colored image. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww, what a lovely invite. Beautifully coloured gruffie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely creation, so well coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  20. this image is beautiful. very lovely card!
    kind regards, Dora

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! It is always wonderful to get virtual pats on the back!! I truly appreciate every comment...they are little bits of love.